Dr Alison Cooke, founder of Cooke Associates, is currently working in the following areas:
- Future Climate – Engineering Solutions (FC-ES): FC-ES is a network of engineering associations around the world who are working together to analyse technical solutions and develop national climate action plans for their home countries. The challenge is to find solutions that will create a low carbon society.
- Energy Efficiency in the Built Environment (EEBE): this project looked at how energy would be used in buildings in 2050, what are and how to overcome the barriers to energy efficiency and how policy can improve energy efficiency in buildings.
- The Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL): CPSL is an institution dedicated to working with leaders from business, government and civil society on the critical global challenges of the 21st century.
Alison Cooke, the founder of Cooke Associates, was until recently a member of the Executive Committee of the International Sports Engineering Association, which manages the journal Sports Engineering and related conferences. She was also Director of Sports Engineering Research at Cambridge University.
Management Development Projects include:
- Developing leadership skills for Manufacturing Industry in association with the Manufacturing Leaders' Programme, Cambridge University
- Culture management in Higher Education
- Change management and management communications for the National Health Service
- Mentoring workshops and work on Careers Management issues for Cambridge University
Alison Cooke was an industrial tutor and course leader for Industrial Systems, Manufacture and Management (ISM – previously ACDMM) at Cambridge. In this post she managed in excess of 120 collaborative projects with industry ranging from multinational companies to small high tech companies. From 1991 to 1994 she was also the RTZ Industrial Fellow in Manufacturing Strategy.